Friday, February 8, 2008

In at Tuck!

Okay, although I wasnt so sure about Tuck, they did admit me.

Well... this situation is getting increasingly difficult. However, I think Ross is now out of the game as Tuck is probably the better school when you compare the two.

Now, if Haas doesn't come around with some $$$ and Kellogg admits me, it will be between Tuck and Kellogg.

Although, I guess I should make this decision based on how I feel about the schools when I go to visit them in April. Admitted students week at Haas is 10-12 April, Tuck 18-20 of April. Haas wants a decision by the 15th. (they will have to extend that for me)

Kellogg's admit weekend coincides with Tuck's so that one is going to be difficult. I will have to visit one of the schools on a non-admit weekend day. Which will obviously make a big difference, I assume.

Aaaahh choices...if someone had told me 9 months ago I would have this choice, I would have seriously questioned his sanity.

Where would you guys go?

Obviously the best weather is to be found at Cal. Plus, they have the tech bonus and the Valley is around the corner. But they didnt give me any money. I think I got the money for the pretty strong GMAT score that is quite unusual for a candidate from my country. I think I would have gotten in at the schools that gave me one with a weaker GMAT score, but then they wouldnt have shelled out the cash. So passing up on those offers sort of feels like not taking full advantage of my score. Maybe I am wrong.

Tuck will be the school with the most tight-knit community. Plus they place very strongly in consulting, which is where I want to go. They actually have a better record than Haas in that aspect. And they have great skiing.

Kellogg is the only M7 school of the ones that I applied to and probably the one with the best brand name of all (especially in my home country). Plus, also a super-strong consulting placement record.

This is not an easy one.

6 comments:

Yepsee said...

Hey Congrats on the admit. Looking forward to having great time with you at Tuck.

Achilles said...

Congrats dude!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know the wait is tough as I am going through that now. Do you remember the date you submitted you app?

Benny said...

Wunderbar!!!

Wilkommen to Tuck!

This is where I realize my German sucks.

Hope to see you at the ASW!!!

Make sure to talk to your compatriots that are attending both schools so you may have a better perspective.

Unknown said...

wow, congratulations! :-)

I think you will have a clean sweep.. you're doing awesome!

Thomas said...

Alter Schwede, Respekt! You're on a run! Good luck with Kellogg and that they show you some love ($) too.