Thursday, February 21, 2008

Damn Cereals! Who needs those anyway?

Here comes my one and only ding. No love from Kellogg. Yes, I am disappointed, despite having been admitted to all other schools. Obviously my ego would have become even more inflated with an admit from Kellogg.

I am trying to tell myself that things would have become even more difficult with an admit from Kellogg - and that is obviously true - but still... having the luxury of choice is better than being dinged.

Interesting by the way, that Kellogg was the last application I turned in. Although I did begin with the Kellogg essays at the start of my essay writing (I read that in the Montauk book), I finished all other applications before going back over the Kellogg essays. So one would think that the Kellogg application was the one that I wrote with the most experience under my belt. Seems like this didn't really help my case.

Anyhow, this leaves me more time with friends in San Francisco when I fly over to Days at Haas. Now the question is whether to go to Haas or Tuck. Although I will pay Ross a visit also, just to see what I will be missing.

Good luck to all other Kellogg applicants waiting for a decision. I think Ding-season is over, so your admits should be on the way.

8 comments:

School In The Country said...

Hi, when did your Kellogg application go "complete"? Mine is still in "submitted" status, despite having interviewed and submitted in early January.

Also, for what it's worth, I would go to Tuck over Haas any day.

--http://sustainedagony.blogspot.com/

wip3out said...

hey.
i got an email saying that there has been a status change yesterday. not getting an email at this point is a good thing. if you get in, you get a call! :)

JulyDream said...

I don't know much about Tuck and very little about Haas, but I can vouch for SF - it's a great place to be for so many reasons! BOL with your decision. ;D

Anonymous said...

finally its one school u'll go to
how does it matter whether you choose "the one" from 4 or 5 schools
- except a momentary sense of accomplishment of 5/5?

Thomas said...

4 out of 5, quite impressive! Of all schools mentioned you probably already know that Haas would have been my top pick (also over Kellogg). Tuck is great, but living 2 years in a village (with harsh winters) - it'd drive me crazy. As of brand recognition, I'd say Berkeley has more weight in Germany than Dartmouth (which many never have heard of) if you decide to return home one day.

wip3out said...

by the way, one comment on your entry, thomas:

yep, weather leaves something to wish for at Tuck, but I like snow, and am an avid snowboarders. Winters around here suck these days, so maybe here is my last chance to get a decent winter skiing. (unlikely in the first year though)

If I go to Tuck, I would try to score a summer internship on the West Coast and then do a semester abroad in the second year in a warmer region. (possibly IESE)

Brand recognition: At the end of the day, the people that should know (as in: typical MBA employers such as consulting and IB) WILL know Tuck. All others might know Berkeley and not Tuck, but if they know so little about the world of MBAs will they appreciate your MBA and pay you enough?

Anonymous said...

I applied in R2 for Kellogg and have heard nothing from them yet! I check my status site everyday though. What kind of "ding" notification did you get?

If I were you, I would go to Ross, then Haas, then Tuck.

wip3out said...

The notification comes in form of an email.

Consider yourself lucky if you didnt get one, if you get admitted you'll get a phone call. I should have applied in R1. R2 is very competitive this year.

You would seriously take Ross over Haas and Tuck? Any reason for that?