Friday, January 25, 2008

The Waiting Game... not getting easier

Let me tell you: Getting accepted to one school will not make you that much more relaxed when it comes to waiting for decisions from other schools.

Cal started to call people...I wouldn't even know this if it weren't for the infamous forums out there. One of the downsides to reading them is knowing too much sometimes. Although I wish I would have started to read forums like gmatclub earlier on. I might have applied to Stanford after all.

So here I am waiting for a decision. Going through a lot of "what ifs" in my mind.

Got the Ross admit binder this week, though. Beautifully made. Those guys really went the extra mile and left a great impression. I am sure Michigan would not be a bad choice if I don't get in anywhere else. Ann Arbor must be great and the new building looks fantastic, too. Nevertheless, Ross doesnt have the international brand name that Haas or Kellogg have, something truly important for my future career.

Oh well...one step after the other. Now it is just time for the Haas people to spread some love. :)

3 comments:

JulyDream said...

It may not seem easier to you, but at least, you're now simply working on options. Granted, Ross might not have the same name recognition you want, but if you didn't want to attend, you wouldn't have applied.

Then there are applicants like me, who have yet to receive an acceptance. So now I try to figure out if I should start planning my next year assuming I don't go to business school or keep my spirits up and just wait out the next week. Let's just say, I'd rather have options. ;)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

i promise to stop worrying if i get into any of my top 4 schools

on 2nd thoughts......
i might wait for HBS ;-)

matt said...

Just a note: Ross may not have the same "brand name", but the students I know that are interested in heading back overseas (including myself) are finding plenty of opportunities. I actually got a call from a Big 3 firm's European offices.

I'd be happy to talk to you further about any questions -- just holler. :)